Wednesday 21 December 2011

It's beginning to feel like Christmas!

This December has been a busy one for me with the kids' various activities, my work, planning for the new school year (I told myself last year to start the school year later in Jan so I wouldn't feel rushed in Dec but I forgot!), my dreams to craft & bake... Finally had time to play my favourite Christmas music - First Noel by Josh Groban, while I baked a chocolate cake for my mom who turns 60 today!

"We've got so much to be thankful for..." sings Josh. Indeed, I'm thankful for many things. For Christ, for His birth & His sacrifice. For my family. For my nice baking tools!
For a helper who cleans up after my baking. Even if she doesn't do a good job sometimes, I ought to be thankful that I could rush out after baking without having to wash up to get some Christmas shopping done. Thankful for a daughter who loves to help. She suggested the gold beads on the cake & helped to lay some of them.

Thankful for an appreciative mom who was excited about my cake. Her happy face was precious. Love you, Mom!
Today is the Day! Glad I baked a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment