Friday 16 December 2011

It's time

After reading so many crafters' blogs and drooling over their handiwork, beautiful pictures and interesting posts, I decided it's time I have a blog to post pictures of my handiwork too! I see how people are inspired by one another to do more and make beautiful things, and I want to be inspired too. Maybe with a blog, I'll be challenged to craft and to keep my desk clear!

I did get stuck thinking of a name and blog address. First failure at being creative. What is a good title to describe me? A full-time homeschooling mom, part-time consulting actuary who has many interests, likes to craft but isn't too creative yet, likes to bake & cook but hasn't done enough of it yet to be an expert, who likes to sew dresses for her daughter, loves to read and sleeps too late. How do I express through the blog title what I want to do with regards to crafting or baking or cooking, which I suppose are my creative outlets?

Was pleasantly surprised that "phylchan" and "phyllisbchan" were available as url addresses. Picked the latter to be consistent with my gmail address. Easiest to describe myself with my name. It's me! And I get to change the blog title whenever I like (I think)! In case I want to post about stuff other than craft. So it's a good start!

I'm excited to start working on my first craft project for this blog!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog! I hope that you enjoy the process and find that it is so much fun and rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you so much for your comment! I'm surprised that you had read my new blog.

    ReplyDelete